East Texas Seed Company
- ET-300 Hybrid Pearl Millet, New Genetics from East Texas Seed Company, Tyler, Texas.
- An alternative maturity class hybrid with high leaf to stem ratio, high protein content, small diameter stems and smooth leaves.
- Superior adaptation to marginal or acidic soils.
- No danger of prussic acid poisoning.
- Shorter and leafier hybrid than most Pearl Millets.
- Recommended seeding rate is 25 pounds per acre drilled and 30-35 pounds broadcast at ½” planting depth.
- Excellent later Summer grazing or high quality hay for cattle and horses.
The primary cause of prussic acid poisoning in domestic animals is the ingestion of plants containing this potent toxin. If the toxin is absorbed rapidly enough, the animal soon dies from respiratory paralysis. Plant ET-300 Hybrid Pearl Millet to avoid the risk of this problem.